Camps and trips
Camps are an integral part of each year’s curriculum. They are a highlight of each year and form a key part of relationship building and resilience. Our various camps and trips focus on raising Godly young men and women who know their value, potential and capabilities.
Camps significantly contribute towards the growth of a student in these areas and, as such, are compulsory to attend. Parent volunteers are an integral part of the success of these camps.
- Year 3/4 camp: This is either a camp to Territory Wildlife Park or a camp that takes in Darwin City. It is a wonderful introduction for our students to the world of school camps.
- Year 5/6 camp: This is either a trip to Kakadu, exploring the World Heritage National Park and its natural and cultural beauty, or an adventure camp full of high ropes, abseiling and rock climbing.
- Year 7 camp: This 4-day camp takes students to Katherine and focuses on helping them learn new skills, team building and problem solving. Students also experience a 2-hour Katherine Gorge boat tour, explore the Cutta-Cutta Caves and swim at Edith Falls. Other activities include walks, swimming, devotions and other activities near and around Katherine.
- Year 8 camp: This 4-day camp adventure camp takes students through Litchfield National Park. Students participate in varying activities such as high ropes courses, snorkelling, swimming, hiking, cooking and canoeing. The primary purpose of the camp is to give students the opportunity to be involved in challenging outdoor activities, as well as developing personal resilience and group work skills in a natural environment.
- Year 9 trip: The pinnacle of our middle school camping program is the Year 9 Larapinta trip, which we have been running since 2000. This is a much-anticipated event where students complete up to 100km of the world-class trail over 10 days. The Larapinta trip is a fantastic time of enjoying creation, each other and God, whilst being away from the busy hustle and bustle and from technology!
- Year 10 trip: The Year 10 trip is an audacious adventure that sees our NT Christian College students from all our campuses travel together in two coaches across the country. It is a 3-week adventure that takes in Adelaide, Canberra, Sydney and so much in between. Students engage in learning about careers, science, civics, history, and have a chance to go skiing, as well as many other things.